Conveyancing Lawyers in Brisbane
Qualifying for a First Home Owners’ Grant
Have you always dreamed of buying your own home? Are you currently saving and aiming to purchase your first home in the near future? Queensland residents have access to the First Home Owners’ Grant, a state government initiative aimed to assist individuals looking to make their entrance into the world of property ownership, seek the advice of conveyancing lawyers in Brisbane.
Eligibility is a crucial factor in obtaining the First Home Owners’ Grant and sometimes causes confusion. To gain approval the following criteria must be met:
- All buyers must be at least 18 years old.
- At least one buyer needs to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Each buyer must not have previously owned property.
- The house being purchased or built must be brand-new.
- Each buyer must move into the property within 1 year of the transaction and occupy the property as their primary residence for 6 months after.
- The property must be valued at less than $750,000.00.
If you satisfy the above, you may be eligible for a grant of up to $20,000 and this could be the helping hand you have been looking for. For more information, including how and where to apply, visit www.qld.gov.au.
At Becker Watt Lawyers we pride ourselves in providing legal services with plain English, there is no legal jargon and we endeavour to keep the stress off your shoulders. Becker Watt Lawyers also provide you with a comprehensive guide to the searches available in order to give you the best advice on your property transaction.
If you require further information on any property or are in need of a conveyancing lawyers in Brisbane, do not hesitate to contact us on 07 3269 4888 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to book in a consultation.